There are certain signs that you will observe if you have some kind of sleeping disorder which requires to be abolished in order to get adequate sleep and we all know good sleep is the stepping stone towards achieving a good lifestyle.
The symptoms that a person will be going through if he or she has some kind of problem while sleeping is as follows:
- Feeling restless – One of the most common sleeping disorder is insomnia which can be guessed by seeing signs like not falling asleep in the night even if you try. You will feel restless in the day. Anxiety, stress feeling irritated and depression are few other symptoms of insomnia.
- Sleep attacks – One of the weird sleeping disorder is narcolepsy where you can fall asleep while doing something. You will feel sleepy all the time in the day. Other than sudden sleep attacks, loss of muscle tone and hallucinations are the symptoms.
- Snoring while sleeping – Snoring is common in many people. But sometimes snoring can further lead to obstructive sleep apnea. Another sign of sleep apnea is feeling the need to sleep in the daytime. It is caused by anatomical features (like a round neck or narrow throat) or allergies. It can happen because of some autoimmune diseases leading to deficiency of orexin or can happen genetically.
- Pain in the legs – This is the symptom of restless legs syndrome. One while trying to sleep can feel unable to move legs. Iron deficiency, kidney failure, Parkinson’s disease, etc. can result in restless legs syndrome.
- Fatigue and tiredness – These symbols are the warning signs of any kind of sleeping disorder.
There are some tips that should be done like avoiding smoking, alcohol, and caffeine as well as avoiding blue lights in the night time. Many people try to avoid buying medicines because of the high cost. But there are various online sites that provide discount and various other offers like RXShopMD and many more. The most prescribed medicines by the specialists are:
- Sleeping pills like Estazolam, Suvorexant, Temazepam, Eszopiclone, etc. helps in sleeping for longer hours as well as gives you sound sleep. But these sleeping pills have their own side effects like feeling dizzy, headache, maybe some allergic reactions, lightheadedness, feeling nauseous.
- A medicine named armodafinil of a brand called armod is used to treat narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, jet lag, and other sleep orders. These are wakefulness promoting medications. It keeps the person the energetic and awake whole day.
- Antidepressants are taken to relieve stress, anxiety, and depression. Some of the most popular antidepressants for the sleeping disorder are trazodone, mirtazapine under the brand name Remeron. These medications also have some side effects such as weight gain, dry mouth, nauseous, so should be taken under full guidance of a doctor.
The chances of sleeping disorders are more in elderly people as compared to younger ones. Pregnant women or a newly made mother should always consult a doctor while taking any kind of medicine. If you decide to take a sleeping pill, then make sure that you are about to go to bed on a natural latex mattress to improve your sleep.
For a healthy life, proper sleep is must, so if you feel any kind of symptom, then you must contact a specialist for holistic treatment.