How To Straighten Your Hair Without Damage
Almost all girls around the world want straight hair. Those who resort to hair straightening to achieve that excellent; hair look knows that frequent straightening and styling can damage the hair.
Here are some tips on how to straighten hair without further damage.
Tips #1. Use hair masks or the natural method. Use a hair mask such as Almond Milk and Milk and Honey Masks. These hair treatments are available in beauty shops, or you can make it on your own.
1.1. Almond Milk Treatment is loaded with vitamin E for stronger hair.
Here are the steps for making your own Almond Milk Treatment hair mask:
- a) Mix with one-half cup of almond milk and two teaspoons extra virgin coconut oil.
- b) In a saucepan, put the mixture and whisk in three tablespoons cornstarch.
- c) Slowly heat over low temperature until the mixture becomes thick. Once it is thick enough, remove the saucepan from the burner and let it cool until lukewarm.
- d) When the mixture is lukewarm enough for you not to be burned, apply it onto your hair. Slowly massage the applied hair mask into the curls. Cover with a shower cup for twenty minutes.
- e) When twenty minutes has passed, rinse the mask out thoroughly with warm water. Wash and rinse the hair as usual; you got beautiful hairstyle.
1.2. Milk and Honey Mask do it yourself steps:
- a) Mix one cup of whole milk and coconut milk with one tablespoon of honey.
- b) Apply the mixture to the hair generously, cover it, and let it stand for one hour.
- c) After one hour, wash or rinse the hair to remove the hair mask mixture.
Tips #2. Apply smoothing shampoo and conditioner. Smoothing and sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners moisturize the hair and prepare it for conditioning. After washing, brush conditioner through the hair using a paddle brush. Rinse using lukewarm water.
Remember, hair products that contain sulfate are harmful to hair with its ability to loose hair moisture, resulting in more frizzy hair. Lukewarm water opens the cuticle. After the straightening, use cool water in rinsing the hair to close the opened hair cuticles.
Tips #3. Use ceramic-plated irons. I just got the list of best hair straightener that can help you to choose your best tools, click here. Use low heat. Low heat temperature means slow straightening of hair. That means less damage to the hair. The quick process can give many hair problems such as burning the hair and/or scalp.
These are just some of the suggestions to straightening hair without damage. You can search for many other solutions on the internet. But most of the tips are the same as I mentioned before, the best practice is to maintain your routine then hair retain you.