Sweating is a natural phenomenon, but excessive sweating isn’t. Such type of sweating or hyperhidrosis might concern you because it can lead to social anxiety or embarrassment. Some people have too much sweating all throughout their body while some have particular parts such as palms, underarms, face, etc.
Hyperhidrosis might be the condition from birth itself or develop later in life, but in most of the cases, it has been seen that it starts from the adolescence period. The causes, symptoms of excessive sweating are:
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Injury in the spinal cord
- Infections such as HIV, Malaria, TB, etc.
- Wet palms
- Wet soles of the feet
- Self-conscious all the time
- Socially withdrawn
- Body odor
- Stained clothes
- Find out if you are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypoglycemia ( low blood sugar)
- Find out if this particular type of sweating occurs only at night or even during the day
- Antiperspirants stop the sweat instantly. Try using these instead of deodorants.
- Armpit shields can also be used. These are the pads worn in the armpit to protect garments from perspiration.
- Try and wear clothes of synthetic materials such as nylon. Also, wear loose clothing rather than tightly fitted ones.
- If your feet sweat excessively wear socks made up of natural fibers. Also, wear shoes of pure leather.
- If these fail to work, go to your doctor, they may prescribe medications such as anticholinergic, iontophoresis, etc.
People suffering from hyperhidrosis not only go through physical challenges but mostly emotional challenges. They become socially withdrawn, go into depression in extreme cases. They need people to confide into and share their feelings. Sweatlimit is a website where you can get information about everything related to excessive sweating. There are articles for every issue which are true and from the experts.
At sweatlimit, you can also connect with people experiencing the same thing and can also talk about your own experiences to help other people who might have gone through the same path as yours.