Cellulite is a prevalent skin condition where the fat pushes through the connective tissue present underneath the skin. It usually occurs in the buttock region and thigh region where the fat deposits are generally more significant than elsewhere. Although it can be seen in many people including men and women of different age, people have commonly observed among women in the post-pubertal stage.
Cellulite can be caused either due to physiological or hormonal reasons. It generally occurs when there is the interplay between the layer of fat below the thickness of the skin and the connective tissue. It is a skin condition that makes the skin look lumpy and dimpled. Cellulite may affect anybody and everybody, but women are generally more prone to getting cellulite. This may be because men have crisscrossed connective tissue and women have connective tissues that are vertically arranged, and this vertical arrangement causes the cellulite to be more prominent.
What Causes Cellulite: Foods To Avoid
As mentioned earlier, cellulite is caused either due to hormonal or physiological factors. The hormones in your body and age are two of the reasons why it affects so many women worldwide; Along with it, your lifestyle may also trigger it, like bad habits of alcohol and consumption of unhealthy food and diet increases the risks of getting cellulite. What causes cellulite foods to avoid include all those foods that cause cellulite and are as follows:
- Refined flour and sugar
- Artificial food components
- Food that is fried
- Synthetic sweeteners
- The High content of salt
In order to avoid getting cellulite in your skin, you must avoid eating the above-mentioned foods. Along with the foods to avoid, there are foods that you must include in your diet that prevent cellulite. These superfoods can help you fight cellulite. Also, keeping your body well-hydrated helps your body cells to be more active and energetic and increase their productivity. Increased productivity of cells means decreased chances of cellulite. Some such foods are –
- Tomatoes – The main component of plants that is lycopene helps you break down collagen, which improves the appearance of your skin.
- Oily Fish– Oily fish contain amino acids that help in break-down of collagen and elastin. This again, makes your skin look better than ever.
- Spinach– Spinach contains essential anti-inflammatory substances that help prevent cellulite.
- Blueberries – Blueberries are packed with Vitamin C and anthocyanin that promotes a cellulite-free skin.
- Watermelons– Foods that are rich in water are very helpful in keeping you hydrated, which in turn helps the cells in your body to work at a faster pace. This helps in preventing the formation of cellulite.
Eat Healthy Be Happy
Eating the best of foods to maintain a healthy life should be the primary goal of every person on Earth. Living a healthier and more fit lifestyle helps in you living a happier life, not only for yourself but also for your loved ones. Therefore, eat the proper foods with an appropriate diet and live a long and happy life.