Hair Transplant is a hair restoration procedure in which the surgeon transplants hair follicles from one part of the head, known as the ‘donor site’ to another part, known as the ‘recipient site’ where the hair may be thinning. It cures both male pattern baldness and female baldness.
When do you need a Hair Transplant?
A Hair Transplant might prove to be very beneficial for you if you have:
- Bald spots
- Significant hair loss
- Thinning hair
- Wider hair partings
- Yellow dandruff and greasy appearance which might result in seborrheic dermatitis.
Androgenic Alopecia is a pattern of hair loss typically seen in the males. It begins with the hairline recession and eventually results in only a strip of hair at the back and sides of the head. Male baldness is caused by a hormone named DHT and genetic factors. In males, hair is lost from the crown or the top of the skull. Female baldness may be due to hormonal changes, and hair shedding may occur from the entire head. In case you have any of these signs, a Detroit Hair Transplant might prove to be extremely beneficial for you.
Advantages of a Hair Transplant:
There are several advantages to getting a hair transplant. People who undergo hair transplant look significantly younger. Here are a few benefits of undergoing a Hair Transplant:
- Hair transplants are very safe because no harmful chemicals or medicines are used in it.
- Hair transplants significantly eliminate balding and other related issues of the patient.
- The procedure involves the transplant of the patient’s own hair from the back of his scalp. The hair growth after a transplant will be close to how it grew naturally. This hair has the same color as your original hair. The hair growth starts within 2 to 3 months of undergoing surgery. The recovery is completed within 8 to 10 months.
- There is no need to apply any special shampoos or other chemicals to maintain your hair density. Transplanted hair can be easily managed as they are your own hair. You can oil, shampoo and style your hair as you want to.
- In the Follicular Unit Transplant, a patient’s hair is transplanted in groups of 1-4 hairs known as Follicular units. Although the linear scar is always seen on the back of the scalp, the surgeons always try to minimize it.
- In the Follicular Unit Extraction, a single hair is extracted and then transplanted in the recipient area. This procedure shows permanent and outstanding results with only tiny dots seen on the scalp instead of the linear scar.
If you are in search for getting a hair transplant done, you can type Michigan Hair Transplant Near Me in your browser and visit them to know more about the procedure and the aftercare methods.
The aftercare of hair transplant mostly involves refraining from exercise during the first week after the transplant, avoiding the consumption of spicy food, multivitamins, caffeine, and alcohol during the first 2 postoperative days and not exposing the grafted areas to the sun. Styling products containing alcohol should also be avoided for the first two weeks after the surgery.