Eyes are quite delicate and react to almost everything that’s unnatural – UV rays, chemical irritants, chloride in water, tobacco smoking, and pollution. Thus, there are multiple precautions that are required in order to prevent eye disorders and maintain good eyesight. Even children suffer from many kinds of eye disorders these days. Clearly, not all eye disorders are curable. The 3 major classifications include – Refractive errors, Macular degeneration in elders, and Sun-damage in children, adults, as well as elders. Considering the kind of lifestyle these days, you must adopt natural ways to prevent eyesight. In order to do so, you can buy THE EYESIGHT SAVIOURS BOOK. Also, the tips listed below are quite effective when it comes to maintaining good eyesight.
1. Maintain A Healthy Diet
Diet has a direct connection with eyesight. A healthy diet is effective in preventing cellular damage that’s mostly the reason behind age-related eye disorders. Vitamins and minerals also reduce the risk of other disorders like myopia and hyperopia in children and young adults.
Best Vitamin Rich foods For Eyesight
- Vitamin A – It protects the cornea. The best sources include green leafy vegetables, Cod liver oil, blue cheese, Kale, and Carrot.
- Vitamin E – It reduces oxidative damage caused due to free radicals; thereby, preventing cellular degeneration and protecting DNA. The best sources include Avocados, nuts, almonds, fish, mangoes, and blackberries.
- Vitamin C – It contains a bundle of powerful antioxidants that prevent the aqueous humor in the eyes. As a result, it is found very effective in preventing problems like cataract. The best sources for Vitamin C include lemons, strawberries, oranges, guavas, yellow and green peppers, and Papaya.
Other essential vitamins include Vitamin B, Lutein, and Zeaxanthin.
Best Minerals and Antioxidants For Eyesight
- Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acid
2. Protect Eyes From UV Rays
UV rays are very much capable of oxidative damage at the cellular level, thereby, impacting the DNA negatively. The best ways to defend eyes from UV rays are listed below.
- Always wear sunglasses that are broad (so that the entire eye area remains shielded) and offer 100% protection from UVA and UVB rays.
- Use sunglasses with copper or reddish-brown lens for protection from HEV rays.
3. Drink Enough Fluids
First, water prevents dehydration, that further prevents eye disorders like dry eyes. Second, water is required for cell maintenance, thus, very much capable of preventing oxidative stress. You can also prevent dehydration by;
- Quitting tobacco smoking
- Quitting alcohol
- Quitting aerated drinks
- Quitting artificial sweeteners
4. Protect Eyes From Chemicals
Eyes can be chemically damaged due to the following factors.
- Coming in constant contact with chlorine while swimming
- Using chemically loaded face washes
Alternate Tips For Protecting Eyes
Some other prominent tips that can help in protecting eyesight include the following.
- Keeping the hands clean and avoiding rubbing eyes. If you have inflammation, use eye drops instead.
- Blu-rays can harm the eyes in all possible ways. These are, in fact, the leading reasons for myopia and hyperopia in children. Thus, use Blu ray coating in eyeglasses and computer/smartphone screens.
- Sleeping for 8-10 hours help in preventing cellular damage.
Conclusively, you can also Buy THE EYESIGHT SAVIOURS BOOK for more such amazing natural ways to protect eyes.